Would you like to help the editorial team turn out an even better product? Fom time to time we need volunteers for:
* Social networking site: We need input from enthusiastic anthropology students willing to initate and improve the social networking site at anthropologytoday.ning.com
* Copy-editing support: to provide occasional help with copy editing in case of overflow situations. Essential: copy-editing experience and excellent language skills.
* Web development: help improve the ANTHROPOLOGY TODAY pages. We currently use Joomla.
* Calendar and news researcher: help research, write and edit the calendar and news columns.
* Photo researcher: help find/research suitable illustrations to accompany features for publication, and secure reproduction rights.
Essential: proven experience in anthropological research beyond B.A. degree and an interest in publishing. Initially at least, the ability to pay occasional visits to South London, the site of production, at critical stages of the editorial and production cycle.
Desirable: some prior experience in print and/or web publishing and excellent command of English.
Application deadline: applications will be reviewed periodically until filled. Please send your curriculum vitae to the email address below with subject ‘volunteer’.
Further details from the