The 2012 AGM will take place on Friday 14 September at 3.00 pm in the Stevenson Lecture Theatre, Clore Education Centre, British Museum, London WC1. It will be followed by the 2012 Henry Myers Lecture.
All are welcome. Only RAI Fellows may vote at the AGM.
3.00 pm: Tea
3.30 pm: AGM
5.00 pm (approximately)
Henry Myers Lecture, to be given by Prof Ian Hacking, on
"The Anthropology (and Archaeology) of Numbers"
Following the AGM and lecture, there will be a drinks reception for all present.
1. Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of 3 October 2011
2. Annual Report of the Council for 2011
3. Appointment of Auditors (Current auditors: H.W. Fisher and Company, Chartered Accountants)
4. Election of Officers and Council for the year 2012-2013 (see overleaf for House List)
5. Announcement of elections of the Huxley Memorial Lecturer and Curl Lecturer for 2013
6. Rivers Memorial Medal for 2012 [Professor Nigel Rapport]
7. Lucy Mair Medals for 2012 [Dr Roger Ballard and Professor Scarlett Epstein, OBE]
8. Patron’s Medal for 2012 [Mrs Rosemary Gosling]
9. Any other business
(for election of Officers and Council under agenda item 4)
Names proposed by Council (new nominations marked with *)
All nominations are subject to the election of candidates as RAI Fellows for the year(s) in which they hold office. Former Presidents are ex officio Vice Presidents and not listed below.
President: Professor Clive Gamble
Elected Vice Presidents: Dr Lissant Bolton*, Professor André Singer, Dr Simon Underdown*
Hon Secretary: Dr Eric Hirsch
Hon Librarian: Professor C. Thomas Selwyn
Hon Treasurer: Dr Julie Scott
Ordinary members of Council
Professor Raymond Apthorpe*
Dr Paul Basu
Professor Sophie Day
Dr Melissa Demian
Professor Robin Dunbar FBA
Dr Sarah Elton*
Professor David Gellner*
Professor Victoria Goddard*
Dr Rachel Gooberman-Hill*
Professor John Gowlett*
Professor Trevor Marchand
Dr Isak Niehaus
Professor Judith Okely
Dr Raj Puri*
Professor Alexander Robertson
Professor Robert Simpson
Dr James Staples
Professor Julian Thomas*
Dr Dimitri Tsintjilonis
Article 42(b) of the Articles of Association states:
In addition to the candidates named in the House List, any member (Fellow) may be nominated for election as an Officer or a member of Council provided such member shall not have been disqualified under these presents.
Nominations shall be in writing and signed by at least two members (Fellows) eligible to vote and accompanied by a statement in writing by the nominee expressing his willingness to serve if elected. Nominations must have been lodged with the Secretary not later than three days before the Annual General Meeting.